Beautifully made and a spectacular look. Our half flat cable chain will show beautifully alone or dramatically embellished.
This chain is sold By-the-Meter.
How many feet are in a meter? 3.28 ft
How many inches are in a meter? 39.37 in
FLAT BAR LINK MEASUREMENT:
- Bar Length: 11.00mm
- Bar Width: 1.15mm
- Bar Wire Thickness: 043mm, 26.5ga
- Recommended open jump ring/wire: ID Link is very small. Best to wire wrap 26ga Round Wire By-the-Meter
HOW IT’S MADE: Flattening sections of chains is called “dapping”. The factory first makes the cable chain that you see with the links, then they run it through a dapping machine that flattens sections of the chain (with force, like pounding it). The links in the flattened section are not soldered, melted or glued in any way. The flattened links add interest and reflect light differently, even when the flattened links don’t stay in sections together – they glisten. With bending and twisting the flattened links will not necessarily stay together in the bar shape, but will stay in wearable freeform
- OD: 1.67mm
- ID: 0.66mm
- Wire Thickness: 0.39mm, 27.5ga
- What gauge open jump ring to use: Use up to 22ga, 0.64mm
- Recommended open jump ring/wire: ID Link is very small. Best to wire wrap: 24ga Round Wire By-the-Meter
- If Soldering/ Welding: 2.3mm 26ga Open Jump Ring or 3mm 24ga Open Jump Ring or 4mm 22ga Open Jump Ring
- 22ga is a tight fit. You can enlarge the link with a pin or thumbtack. Watch this video to see how to enlarge the end loop for easier use.
RECOMMENDED FINDINGS FOR THE HALF FLAT CABLE CHAIN:
- Clasps – 5mm Spring Clasp, 3.5x8mm Rectangle Lobster Clasp or 5x9mm Rounded Lobster Clasp
- Soldered Ring (Closed) – 5mm 22ga Closed Rings or 5mm 20ga Closed Ring
Click here to learn about gold filled, plated and vermeil
Tip, Tricks and How To's! Follow Stones and Findings on YouTube