Dainty and decorative! This Twisted Figaro Chain is a 1-to-1 pattern; one small round link to one long staple link.
This chain is sold By-the-Meter.
How many feet are in a meter? 3.28 ft
How many inches are in a meter? 39.37 in
- OD small link: 1.46mm
- ID small link: 0.40mm
- What gauge open jump ring to use: Up to 26ga, 0.4mm
- Recommended open jump ring/wire: ID is very small. Best to wire wrap if not soldering. Wire wrap with 26ga Round Wire By-the-Meter.
- OD long link: 3.66×1.46mm
- ID long link: 0.71×2.26mm
- What gauge open jump ring to use: Up to 22ga, 0.64mm
- Recommended open jump ring: ID is very small.
- Best to wire wrap if not soldering. Wire wrap with 24ga Round Wire By-the-Meter.
- If soldering/ welding: 3mm 24ga Open Jump Ring or 4mm 22ga Open Jump Ring.
LINK WIRE THICKNESS:
- 0.41mm, 26ga
RECOMMENDED FINDINGS FOR CHAIN:
- Clasps – 5mm Spring Clasp, 3.5x8mm Rectangle Lobster Clasp or 5x9mm Rounded Lobster Clasp
- Soldered ring (Closed) – 5mm 22ga Closed Ring or 5mm 20.5ga Closed Ring
Are you making Permanent Bracelets? Check out our best sellers
Want to know more about Gold Filled vs other gold options? Read on or Watch Here
Gold Filled VS Gold Plate and Vermeil
Gold Filled is an American metal manufacturing process and legal standard of quality. GF is two sheets of solid karat gold. Most popular being 14kt gold. These sheets are bonded over (or for wire, rolled in tube) a core of brass. A piece of jewelry to be legally stamped with the telltale ‘GF’ marking, its weight must be at least 1/20th gold. This explains the typical stamp you would expect to see on gold filled articles: “1/20 14K GF”, which means that 5 percent of the piece is 14 karat gold. Due to the surface layer of gold-filled jewelry being about 100 times thicker than any plating, gold-filled pieces tend to last much longer, and are considered ‘lifetime jewelry’.
Gold plated jewellery is made using a thin layer of gold to surround base metals or sterling silver. The fine layer of gold is set using the method of chemical or electro-chemical plating. It is the cheapest of the three forms of gold jewellery (solid karat gold, gold filled and gold plated), and is the quickest to tarnish. When sterling silver is used as the interior metal, with at least 2 microns of gold plating, the item is primarily labeled as Gold Vermeil. Gold filled is not to be mistaken for gold plated over sterling silver – which is far less expensive than gold filled.
American standard gold filled does not have any sterling silver in it, and although it is more expensive, it lasts far longer than gold plated over base metal and over sterling because it has 100 times more gold than any possible plated process. How long gold filled or plating lasts depends largely on the chemical makeup of and the care with which the person wearing the jewellery takes – which varies widely.
Tips, Tricks and How To’s! Follow Stones and Findings on YouTube