We only use the information we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) and according to the Web Trader Code of Practice. We aim to safeguard the privacy of all our users while providing a high quality of personal customer service.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices please email us, or call 416-628-8550, or mail us at:
c/o Stones and Findings Inc.
55 Queen Street East, Suite 705A
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We provide a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide personal information such as viewing our collection of wholesale beads and findings and reading our collection of jewelry making articles. In order to provide our full range of services (such as viewing product wholesale prices and online purchasing) we may collect the following types of information:
- The information you provide – When you register for a Stones and Findings account we require personal information (such as your name, email, and an account password). For online purchasing, we will also ask you for your credit card information. Any personal information you provide us is kept securely on our servers and is not shared with any third party.
- Cookies – When you visit Stones and Findings, we may send a cookie that uniquely identifies your browser. We use this cookie to provide you with better service such as remembering your login preferences. At any time you can disable cookies within your browser, (www.aboutcookies.org). However, some of our services such as the Remember Me option for staying logged into the Stones and Findings website will no longer operate if you have cookies turned off.
- User communications – When you send an email or other communications to Stones and Findings, we may retain those communications in order to respond to your requests and provide you with a better level of service.
Stones and Findings do not share any personal information provided by you to any third party.
Our Email Policy
We do not send out unsolicited e-mail. You can change your privacy level using the Receive Our Materials setting in Edit User Info. We have 3 levels of email privacy:
- Do Not Contact Me – We will only contact you directly about an order you have made for confirmation, shipping info, and payment.
- Personal Mail Only – We will only contact you either on the phone or in a one-off email if we find something that we feel would be of specific interest to you or your business. You will not be included in our sales and special promotions emails.
- Keep Me Up To Date – Stay connected with the latest special offers and newsletters from Stones and Findings.
If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing list. You can edit your account preferences in the Edit User Info section or you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will NEVER pass on email addresses, telephone numbers or any other personal details to any third party.
Credit Card Policy
Online purchasing is done via Credit Card through Paypal, a leading and well-respected online payment company. In the case of a PayPal payment, we never see your credit card number.
If you choose to pay by phone. We enter your credit card information at the time of purchase. We do not retain any records of your credit card after confirmation of purchase.
Code of Practice for Information Security Management
We endorse the Code of Practice for Information Security Management (BS7799) and regularly review both our electronic and manual procedures to constantly improve what we do.
Questions and Contact Information
If you have any questions about the security of our website please email us or call 416-628-8550 where we will be happy to answer your questions.