We do our best. However we are not able to guarantee the accuracy and picture quality on our site.
We do our best but the short answer is No. All dimensions are approximate since there is variation from bead to bead. We try our best to provide dimension information as precise as possible, however, in many cases there is variation in the stones themselves and we do make mistakes.
- No. It is just an estimate. We count 1 of the strands, the actual count may vary between strands or there may be human error.
- All prices are based on a single strand as it is, NOT on any specific length or any specific number of pieces in a strand.
- Buy a little more than you need. The actual count always varies due to variations in the individual items. In addition there are always some pieces not suitable for your use for various reasons. Therefore, after you figure out the quantity you need, you should add extra depending on your own tolerance for quality.
- All dimensions are approximate. We do make mistakes and there is variation in the beads.
- Width vs Length In general the width is measured at the widest point across the strand. Length is measured along the strand. The exception is with diagonal drill and side drill items. They are measured as if they were center drilled.
- Graduated strands: Some strands are strung in a graduated pattern with the smallest size at either end gradually getting larger towards the middle. In this case we measure the largest bead. Be careful many of these have been recorded wrong or the width and length were not recorded.
- Chips and Nuggets: We try and use the average dimension.
- Chains: All chains are measured as: [Width of widest part of the chain]x[Length of pattern repeat]. This way, you’ll know the width of the chain at its widest point, and how long each pattern of chain is before it repeats.
- No. These are natural products. There are variations depending on the mine, dye lot, etc. Inevitably there is variation and defects.
- No.We do our best to pick out the best quality available so that our quality is better than other suppliers.
- You should expect some Defects. We do not guarantee that each bead on a strand has no chips, has no inclusions, is not broken, or is not defective. This is already accounted for in the price. Order slightly more than you need to account for defects. (Delicate stone beads tend to have more breakage and chips than standard shapes. (Waved Square, Waved Triangle shapes have more broken pieces than round.)
- You should expect variance in pattern. As stone is mined it goes through various veins that produce different patterns in the beads. Not all the beads on a strand contain the same pattern, and the pattern of the strand may not necessarily match the pattern in the picture. This is especially true for highly patterned stones like feldspath and snake skin jasper. If you require a specific pattern then please buy at our show room.
- If you are worried about quality start with a small test order.
- If you really need 100% guarantee on the quality of the stones on a strand, please ask for more photos and we will gladly send them.
- No. We have not noticed any significant fading.
- Some suppliers use jade that has been treated with surface dye. These tend to fade. Our jade is treated in such a way that the dye goes all the way through.
- The color of the stones vary from one dye lot to the next. You should expect some variation in the colours of the stones but this is not necessarily due to fading.