Is Argon gas necessary to weld successfully with the Orion Micro Welder? Does the use of argon gas eliminate oxidation and fire scale as promised by the manufacturer?
In this video I will share a comprehensive product review of the argon gas feature for the Orion Micro Welder, and discusses more specifically, welding permanent bracelets.
The points discussed are:
- what is argon gas
- what is argon gass supposed to do for welding
- how much will a regulator, argon gas tank, refill cost
- how difficult is the argon gas and regulator to set up
- how effective is argon gas welding on different metals and surfaces
- a comparison welding of silver and gold filled, rings and patterned chains, with and without the argon gas
- cleaning hack if you don’t want to buy the argon gas
I bought my tank and refilled the argon gas at Linde Canada (formerly Praxair) – they have locations throughout USA, but I think local welding supply stores would have argon.
Please let me know what you think of this video and whether you have a trick of using the argon gas to completely eliminate oxidation (fire scales) when welding using the Orion Micro Welder.
Components I used:
Sterling Silver Jump Ring 4mm 22ga FJ0LS
Gold Filled Jump rings 4mm 22ga FJ0KG