Frequently Asked Questions
We do our best. However we are not able to guarantee the accuracy and picture quality on our site.
We do our best but the short answer is No. All dimensions are approximate since there is variation from bead to bead. We try our best to provide dimension information as precise as possible, however, in many cases there is variation in the stones themselves and we do make mistakes.
- No. It is just an estimate. We count 1 of the strands, the actual count may vary between strands or there may be human error.
- All prices are based on a single strand as it is, NOT on any specific length or any specific number of pieces in a strand.
- Buy a little more than you need. The actual count always varies due to variations in the individual items. In addition there are always some pieces not suitable for your use for various reasons. Therefore, after you figure out the quantity you need, you should add extra depending on your own tolerance for quality.
- All dimensions are approximate. We do make mistakes and there is variation in the beads.
- Width vs Length In general the width is measured at the widest point across the strand. Length is measured along the strand. The exception is with diagonal drill and side drill items. They are measured as if they were center drilled.
- Graduated strands: Some strands are strung in a graduated pattern with the smallest size at either end gradually getting larger towards the middle. In this case we measure the largest bead. Be careful many of these have been recorded wrong or the width and length were not recorded.
- Chips and Nuggets: We try and use the average dimension.
- Chains: All chains are measured as: [Width of widest part of the chain]x[Length of pattern repeat]. This way, you’ll know the width of the chain at its widest point, and how long each pattern of chain is before it repeats.
- No. These are natural products. There are variations depending on the mine, dye lot, etc. Inevitably there is variation and defects.
- No.We do our best to pick out the best quality available so that our quality is better than other suppliers.
- You should expect some Defects. We do not guarantee that each bead on a strand has no chips, has no inclusions, is not broken, or is not defective. This is already accounted for in the price. Order slightly more than you need to account for defects. (Delicate stone beads tend to have more breakage and chips than standard shapes. (Waved Square, Waved Triangle shapes have more broken pieces than round.)
- You should expect variance in pattern. As stone is mined it goes through various veins that produce different patterns in the beads. Not all the beads on a strand contain the same pattern, and the pattern of the strand may not necessarily match the pattern in the picture. This is especially true for highly patterned stones like feldspath and snake skin jasper. If you require a specific pattern then please buy at our show room.
- If you are worried about quality start with a small test order.
- If you really need 100% guarantee on the quality of the stones on a strand, we suggest you do not shop online. Instead, come to our show room, so you can see and touch before you buy.
- No. We have not noticed any significant fading.
- Some suppliers use jade that has been treated with surface dye. These tend to fade. Our jade is treated in such a way that the dye goes all the way through.
- The color of the stones vary from one dye lot to the next. You should expect some variation in the colours of the stones but this is not necessarily due to fading.
Yes, we do. As long as you meet the minimum quantity order. (see our policy page for more details)
If you’re a registered Canadian customer, your prices will be displayed in CAD. If you’re an international customer, your prices will be displayed in USD(to see the current USD conversion )
Yes. We can ship to just about anywhere. You will be responsible for figuring out and arranging for any duties or cross-border shipping issues. Having said that we are very familiar with shipping to the US.
No, we will not break up a strand. On occasion strands do break and we are left with partial strands or loose beads. We only sell these out of our showroom in Toronto. Please stop by. If you are looking for just a few loose beads, please contact your local bead shop for help.
No, we don’t. Please browse through this website for all information.
No. Strictly first come first served. Availability is based on ship date. If you place an order for future delivery, we do our best to fill the order at time of shipping not when it is ordered.
If you can’t find a particular item that you had seen before in this web site, that means it is either temporarily out of stock or discontinued.
- Minimum Order: $150.00 for assorted items.
- Handling Charge: $15.00 A handling charge will be added to orders less than $150.00.
- Items sold per piece: For items sold per piece, the minimum quantities are based on the wholesale price of the item.
No, we do not provide terms to customers. We will only ship or hold orders that have been paid for.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.
- We accept Cash, Money Orders, and Certified Cheques.
- We do not accept personal, company, or COD checks.
- Stones and Findings is located in Toronto, Ontario. We charge Provincial Sales Tax on all orders fulfilled to customers in Ontario. Sales made and shipped to customers in other provinces are exempt from Ontario sales tax but expected to comply with their province’s current laws regarding out-of-province purchases.
- The federal General Sales Tax is charged on all sales to customers in Canada, except for Maritime customers (excluding PEI) who are expected to pay Harmonized Sales Tax instead of PST/GST. Orders shipped to customers in other countries, including the USA, are exempt from both the PST and GST taxes. Some customs fees may apply.
- No. It really depends on the market demand and material supply. We try to carry popular and regular items all the time. However, we can not guarantee the availability of any particular item at any time
- Check your receipt. Once we have received your order we pack it and only at that time are the quantities and availability known.
- Large quantities. For some items it takes 2 months to receive a new shipment. Give us as much lead time as possible and we will do our best to make sure you have the items you need.
- Reserve the Right to substitute. When you sell the items make sure you reserve the right to substitute beads so that you do not get caught in an awkward situation.
- We do not make money on shipping! We charge you what we have to pay. We do our best to get the best rates and the most convenient service.
- Canpar. Canpar delivers to commercial areas from 10-6, and there needs to be someone to receive the package when it gets delivered, otherwise they get sent back to us.
We get a discount off their regular rates but to get approximate rates use M5C1R6 as our postal code. Here are some common destinations:
Destination Approx. Price for a 2lb box (Avg. wt.) Calgary $10.50 Montreal $7.50 Ottawa $7.00 Toronto $7.00 Vancouver $12.00
- Expedited. For anywhere Canpar does not deliver, or for destinations where someone will not be there to receive, we use expedited. To get approximate rates use M5C1R6 as our postal code.
- Xpresspost. For rushed packages, we always suggest Xpresspost, which will get the package to you from 1-3 business days for an approx. additional $2.00.
- We will ship it however you want. If you have specific shipping instructions we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Insurance. Will always be applied. The maximum amount of insurance for any parcel is $5000. If you need more insurance we will ship it as 2 parcels.
- We will provide you with a tracking code. You can track your package.
- Back order shipment is considered a separate shipment from original order. Freight charges will be added to every back order shipment.
- Exchange is considered a return of shipped order followed by a separate new order. Customer need to pay both return freight and new order’s outgoing freight.
- International Shipping. We currently use DHL Express Worldwide as our international shipping method of choice. US customers can expect a rate of $25.00 for a 1lb package. The rate for your individual order will be calculated once it has been received, and you will be asked for confirmation before payment.
Shipping costs usually depend on the shipping company chosen, the weight of the package, and destination. Addresses within Canada can expect a lower shipping rate than international destinations. Also keep in mind any extra customs or taxes you might have to pay on top of the shipping from us.
Within Canada, we use both Canpar and Canada Post as our shipping companies. To the United States and international destinations we use DHL.
By default, our price estimates for Canada Post Xpress Post, Expedited and Priority Courier cover the cost of the package contents. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
Our price estimates for shipping your item include an insurance coverage. If your package has been delivered late, we’ll be able to refund the base shipping rate, minus insurance coverage.
- Cut chains are all final sale. No Exceptions.
- Cut wire is final sale. No Exceptions.
- No returns for tradeshow purchases, showroom purchases, or custom orders.
- Online or phone orders are the only orders that qualify for returns.
- All returns need an authorization number. Please email us to get one. (if you do not get a reply in 1 business day, please call us.)
- Customer need to pay the return freight.
- We reserve the right to change the quantity discount if the return drops you out of a quantity discount bracket.
- If a return is improperly packaged or damaged in shipping we will not accept it.
- Items must be returned in their original format. (No broken strands will be accepted.)
- We will handle refunds as laid out in the following table. (Days refers to calendar days not business days.)
|Days after receiving shipment||Online Return Policy|
|7 days or less||Full Refund for bead items and findings purchased.|
|30 days or less||15% restocking fee|
|60 days or less||30% restocking fee|
|More than 60 days||No returns will be accepted|
It is common to have some beads or pearls in a strand not suitable for your use for various reasons. We do NOT issue credit for those beads or pearls because the price always reflects the general quality of the entire strand, not every single piece . Therefore, if the overall quality of the entire strand doesn’t meet your requirements, you can return the whole strand in its original condition. Please refer to our return policy. We do not issue refunds for returns of partial strands or used strands.
The email may have been intercepted by your Spam Filter. Check through your spam and see if there is an email from us.